The National Commission of Emergencies (CNE) expanded the yellow alert to several areas of the country due to the influence of the cold front that has generated strong winds and rains.
The zones that are now included in the alert are the Central Valley, North Pacific, the central canton of Puntarenas, Montes de Oro and Esparza.
In addition, the measure is maintained for the sites previously announced: the Caribbean, the North Zone and Sarapiquí. Faced with this situation (which has already caused three deaths), the CNE recommends:
• Caution when navigating, especially in the Caribbean and North Pacific.
• Caution on beaches, because the waves could create strong currents.
• Caution if you live in areas prone to landslides or floods.
• Extreme caution over very strong winds.
• Caution during air navigation, especially due to turbulence.
• Caution on the road for drivers.