According to the Fire Department, it is very common that fire emergencies increase on September 14th and September 15th. So during the national holiday, take some key measures to avoid unnecessary risks:
1. Do not use traditional candles, instead use LED lights.
2. Keep an eye on children during the manufacture and assembly of lanterns in order to prevent accidents.
3. Place an identification tag including name, age, address and a telephone number in your children’s clothing.
4. Keep your young children very close to you. Remember that during the parades, agglomerations and road changes are common.
5. If you are going to use traditional candles, be sure to put off the fire before discarding it, it may result in fires in garbage containers.
6. Hydration and sunscreen are highly recommended. Take with you any daily medication to the parades.
Now, implement these tips and enjoy the celebration of the 195th anniversary of Costa Rica’s Independence.