Patients and hospital workers in Ciudad Neily Hospital had quite a scare yesterday afternoon.
At around 2:30 p.m., the fire department received an emergency call due to a gas leak and smoke at the medical center, causing the evacuation of some areas.
Two fire units from Golfito took care of the emergency. Fortunately, there were no victims or damage, as confirmed by the Communications Central of the institution.
After inspecting the site, the authorities found that it was a noble gas, meaning it has no smell and it’s used to control other emergencies such as fires.
Firefighters spent nearly two hours to ventilate the hospital after the leak of this harmless gas.