Once again the government is working to solve wastewater problems and discharges in an area of the Manuel Antonio National Park. Last week, the Ministry of Health alerted the Ministry of Environment and Energy (MINAE) about the situation in Playa 3 (Manuel Antonio beach).
Even the Health Ministry issued a sanitary order and ordered the closure of the area. According to MINAE, since then, they have taken steps to prevent risks.
On Friday, the first maintenance intervention was carried out, so the service’s battery was shut down,”
said the institution.
Health, Tourism and Environment authorities come together to achieve a definitive and integral solution in order to guarantee the public health of the visitors as well as the conservation of the environment.
The Deputy Minister of Environment, Pamela Castillo, said that the institutions coordinate the plan to improve the National Park.
Since February 2017, the Ministry of Health ordered Environment to solve the problem in wastewater management. The administration of Luis Guillermo Solís executed several actions, but it has not been completely resolved.
According to data from SINAC in 2015, Manuel Antonio National Park is the most visited in the country, with more than 418 thousand tourists who went there that year.