“Vamos a Turistear” (Let’s go sightseeing) is a campaign from the Costa Rican Tourism Institute to promote domestic tourism. The institution drew up a list with 6 tips for holidays end and beginning of the year:
1. Organize your budget, define how much money you have available to invest in your next vacation.
2. Book early. If you make your reservations several days in advance you will have the ability to choose, compare and save money. You’ll find more than 300 options for your vacation on www.vamosaturistear.com.
3. Investigate the various attractions you can find in the tourist area or region you are visiting. Our country has hundreds of tourist attractions that are close to other places of interest.
4. Be prepared in time, make a list of all the items you must carry to avoid incurring in additional costs.
5. When you are enjoying your vacation, do not forget the basic safety measures.
6. If you go to the beach, watch for signs of hangover currents and enter the sea two hours after eating food.
The Costa Rican Tourism Institute’s campaign is jointly developed with the private sector and promotes visits to different destinations in Costa Rica. There are options such as beaches, nature, adventure, wellness and relaxation, romantic tourism, family tourism, rural tourism and urban tourism in all tourist regions of the country.